How to Fix Error Code 36 in Mac OS X Findersuneelg
If you are the user of MacOS, then you get the many benefits by using it. MacOS allows its users to write and read the memory card of the camera to any networked windows devices or hardware. Sometimes, while copying the files, the MAC device shows the error code 36. The issue arises mostly for photographers in which they face the problem in the copy process, and it makes their work suffer.
Error code 36 could occur in any file. The error dialogue box representing ‘The finder can’t complete the operation because some data in “.DS_Store” can’t be read or written (Error code – 36).The “.DS_Store” – here dot-under scope are such files which have generated at the time of moving the files to FAT 16 or FAT 32 volumes, through the MacOS X’s HFS + filesystem.
Due to these files, which already keeps data like icon pictures and files, creates the problem in moving the files from hardware or windows device and pop up with Error code 36 opens.
For the Mac users, if you are looking for how to fix error code 36 in Mac OS X Finder, effortless drag and drop option has provided by the command-line tool. This tool is called dot_clearn, which you can find in the directory.
Steps to fix error code 36 in MacOS X finder –
- You require installing the terminal: Application and then go to Utilities.
- Now mention dot_clean, just after this leave a single space.
- After this, drag your memory card icon or flash drive into the terminal window.
- Now the folder or path will get generate.
- Hit the Enter. Make sure “._” file is mandatory to connect with its host files.
- Once you went through the above steps, now you can try again to copy the files to memory card or flash drive.
From the instructions provided here, Mac user would not get in more trouble, and this straightforward step will help you to fix the error code 36 in MacOS X finder.