How to fix Facebook images not loadingsuneelg
Facebook Images not loading –
How to fix Facebook images not loading Facebook users often faced the issue of not loading images on thier Facebook account. There can be several reasons for this issue and also various solutions at the same time. So in case you are also facing the same issue, please go through the solutions described below. Check the issue arose due to which reason, until you get rid of your problem.
- You must check your Internet Connection:
- Open your browser, search Internet Speed Test, and click Enter.
- You’ll need to click Run Speed Test. After the test completed in a few seconds, you will get to know your internet speed.
In case you found the internet speed poor, better switch to another connection and proceed again to download the images on your Facebook.
- Check the browser is updated or outdated, if facebook images not loading in Chrome –
- At first, go to the Google Chrome and click on three dots on the page’s top right corner.
- Go to Setting> click on About Chrome.
- The updating process will get started automatically in case of an update required.
Also, disable the adblocker in your setting option of browser and again start loading facebook images.
- DNS Setting Configuration
- Open the Run dialog box by Windows + R option. Enter the control panel and hit Enter.
- Click on Network and Internet.
- Now choose the option Network and Sharing Center.
- Choose the connection connected on your PC
- Hit the tab Properties >select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPV4).
- Choose the option use the following DNS server addresses:
- Click OK and then restart your device for better performance.
Facebook images not loading Microsoft edge –
In case you are facing issues in loading images on Microsoft edge or any other functional problems, it can be due to a problem with the data of stored browser on your PC. By removing the mass temporary and useless data, you can quickly sort out the issue.
- Go to Microsoft Edge > Click on three dots of Setting and more.
- Hit the Setting option >now choose the option Profiles.
- Click on Sync and Turn off sync.
- Now you need to click on Privacy and Services (in Clear browsing data).
- Go to the Time range menu and then choose the ‘All time’ option.
- Choose the items you need to clear and then click the Clear now tab.
After completing the whole steps, confirm if the issue is resolved or not by loading a different website. And once the issue has resolved, don’tdon’t forget to turn on the data syncing again by going to Setting>Profiles>Sync.